Fund for New Ministry Initiatives
At its February 4, 2014 meeting, the Presbytery of Calgary-Macleod approved the Fund for New Ministry Initiatives. Formerly the Land and Building Reserves, Presbytery had prayerfully considered how these resources could be actively and creatively put to use.
The following outlines the purpose for the funds and how they can be accessed.
Who Can Access Them?
- Applications from Congregations as well as the Presbytery directly will be considered. Any group applying to use the funds will have a vision and clear plan. Partnerships are encouraged.
What Can the Funds Be Used For?
- The funds are to be used for new initiatives to build up Christian witness in Southern Alberta, considering present needs and looking to the future. The emphasis will be on people, programs and leadership development.
What Are the Dollar Values of Available Grants?
- Each year 20% of the fund’s value or $20,000, whichever is greater, will be available.
How Can the Funds Be Accessed?
- The attached application form will be completed and forwarded to Strategy and Leadership by March 1st each year.
- Strategy and Leadership will review all applications and take their recommendations to Presbytery for approval.
- If the grant moneys extend over multiple years, an annual report and evaluation will be required before subsequent installments are received.
Sharing the Learnings
- Recipients will be asked to complete a final report on the initiative to allow Presbytery to learn from these experiences.
Application Deadline is March 1st annually.